There is an interesting campaign live on seedrs in insurtech sector. https://www.seedrs.com/hiro/
What’s your opinion on this startup?
What do I like:
- a problem it solves, allowing customers having monthly fee and reducing the price by smart devices installed at home;
- founder seems to have experience in other successfully exited companies;
- execution by the team. The progress they made in 2020 is indeed great;
- somewhat attractive valuation at 5.5m
What I’m afraid of:
- too generous growth prospects and promises by CEO (eg raising additionally 15m in 2021) and tripling or even 10x valuation in a very short timeframe;
- competition. Not sure who are real competitors and how successfully hiro would attract and retain customers;
Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.